struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: few questions from new struts user
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:48:23 GMT
my 2 cents worth is that the best way for a front-end designer to work
with programmers was not to share the code at all.

In my experience, webpage designers know nothing about programming,
sometimes not even HTML, but they're great at putting creative graphic
ideas together. What I would do - get the creatives to produce a web
page exactly as they want it to look, and then get the programmers to
reproduce it however they want.

If the creatives change the page, then the programmers have to reproduce
their changes in their HTML. This leaves the programmers free to
implement the design in whatever way they see fit without having to
worry about whether their code will survive being put through
Dreamweaver or Frontpage.

Adam

Adwait B wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've few things to ask that i couldnt find in archive..
>
> 1.I'm in design phase of a project that is supposed to use struts.We will be recieving
plain HTML forms(GUI) from our frontend designer and then we'll be converting that in struts
jsp(jsp with struts tags)
> During demo we found this process of conversion to be painful.
> Is ther any tool/script availbale for converting plain pure html into struts jsp?
>
> 2.What are the struts development tools?Can anybody recommend me some tool?(like camino,exadel
struts studio,metanology.com MDE)has anybody done development using these tools..