struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul Harrison <paul-harri...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Problems with an inherited getter in a derived bean
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:55:52 GMT
In my struts application, I have a base bean with a set of basic
properties (e.g. name) and then I create various derived beans with
their own extra properties. I have a problem with the <html:options> tag
in that if I try to read a property  that is inherited from the base
bean  from a collection of the derived beans

i.e. I have a tag like this

 - I get an error saying

No getter method available for property name for bean under name CountyList

 and if I implement the getter in the derived bean the  error goes away.
Is this known behaviour in struts - is seems like a bug to me (or
perhaps a bug in commons-beanutils?) Can anyone comment....

--
Paul Harrison

paul-harrison@ntlworld.com