struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ActionForm 'reset' method being called when JSP is rendered
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:56:24 GMT
In Struts 1.0.2 and later, reset is called by the html:form tag *if* the
ActionForm is being instantiated at that time. The scope shouldn't matter.

Also remember that the html:form tag is looking at the Action to which
it submits, which may not be "Action 1". If these are the same Action,
or share the same formbean under the same attribute, then the ActionForm
should already exist, and reset should not be called.

-Ted.

Jerry Jalenak wrote:
> I'm seeing some odd behaviour with one of my actions.  If anyone can explain
> this I'd sure appreciate it....
>
> Here's what I've got - in struts-config I have an ActionForm that is shared
> by two Actions.  The ActionForm is created in session scope by the first
> action, and referenced by the second Action (also in session).  Tracing the
> calls to 'reset' and 'validate' I see the following:
>
> 	JSP is displayed  -> html form is submitted -> 'reset' is called ->
> 'validate' is called -> Action 1 is performed -> forward to next JSP ->
> 'reset' is called -> JSP is displayed
>
> /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ !
>
> My understanding is that 'reset' should not be called again until the form
> on the second JSP is submitted.  Have I completely mis-understood how this
> works?  Or is it something due to the ActionForm being created in session
> scope?
>
> TIA!
>
> Jerry Jalenak
> Team Lead, Web Publishing
> LabOne, Inc.
> 10101 Renner Blvd.
> Lenexa, KS  66219
> (913) 577-1496
>
> jerry.jalenak@labone.com
>

> This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following
email address: securityincidentreporting@labone.com

Ted Husted,