struts-user mailing list archives

From Natalie D Rassmann <natalie.d.rassm...@lmco.com>
Subject Re: html:option - is there a selected option attribute?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:33:22 GMT
This isn't going to work or at least I am not sure how it will because
it isn't a reset problem.  In the formbean, I have as part of the
property for the list what list item is selected.  For example,

I have a DynaValidatorForm property called changeType.  changeType is of
the type OptionsBean.

OptionsBean looks like this....

options - ArrayList of  int OptionId and String OptionLabel
selectedId - int

The jsp code to build the list is below:

         <B><bean-el:message key="label.revRec.chngType"
bundle="PRTR_RESOURCE_KEY"/>:</B>
property="changeType.options">
        <c:forEach items="${reviewRecordForm.map.changeType.options}"
var="changeTypeOption">
                 <c:out
value="${changeTypeOption.optionLabel}"/></html-el:option>
        </c:forEach>

This code will render the following in the resulting html file:

         <B>Change Type:</B>
            <select name="changeType.options"><option
value="1">non-SC</option>

However, I want to be able to render the following:

   <B>Change Type:</B>
   <select name="changeType.options">
     <option value"1" selected>non-SC</option>
    <option value="2">SC</option>
 </select>

I will use the selectedId from the OptionsBean to set the selected
option in the list.

How do I do this??   I don't think the overriding the reset method is
the answer??