struts-user mailing list archives

From netizen1 <netiz...@attbi.com>
Subject Advice with reading multiple html:selects
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:16:25 GMT
Hello,

  I have read the newsgroups regarding multiple selects.
  I have a multiple html:select control that starts out empty
  I populate the select control by using a textbox and an add button
  so it is filled dynamically.

  My html:select is:

  which comes out like :
  <select name="questionOptions" multiple="multiple" size="2"
style="width:500 px; height: 61px"></select>

  I have an action Form that has:

  private String[] gstrQuestionOptions                        = null;

  public String[] getQuestionOptions()
  {
         return this.gstrQuestionOptions;
  }
  public void setQuestionOptions( String[] value )
  {
         this.gstrQuestionOptions = value;
  }

  Even in the validate i try the following
  System.out.println( getQuestionOptions().length ) and i get
  java.lang.NullPointerException

  Since the select control is dynamically populated would i have to
  use something like request.getParameterValues("questionOptions")
  instead?

  Thank you

--
Best regards,