struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Nix" <Jeremy....@sfsltd.com>
Subject RE: Problems removing (expiring Cookie) in Action
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:30:15 GMT
You have my situation pinned, but for some reason I can't add the
modified cookie back to the response.  I'm searching the request for my
cookie and then modifing the age of that cookie to force it to expire.
Then I add the cookie back to the response and forward on to another
action.  But, the action I'm forwarding on to has redirect set to true,
so doesn't that qualify as a new request and send the new cookie?  I've
tried 0 and 1 for the maxAge, but the value is just not being set in the
response.  I can give more code if necessary.

_________________
Jeremy Nix
Senior Application Developer
Southwest Financial Ltd.
Jeremy.Nix@sfsltd.com
(513) 621-6699 ext 1158

-----Original Message-----
From: Kruse, Matt [mailto:MKruse@aquent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 4:13 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Problems removing (expiring Cookie) in Action

> Is there anything that I need ot be aware of in terms of
> expiring/removing a Cookie within an Action?  I'm setting the maximum
> age to 0 and then adding the cookie back to the response and somehow
> that cookie shows up after I've forwarded my request to the next
> action. I'm I missing a step?

The cookie will continue to exist in your request until the server sends
the response back without the cookie, and the browser makes another
request not including the cookie.

If you are forwarding from one Action to another without redirect, you
get the same request as the first action, and the cookies are still
there.

Unless I'mm understanding your situation incorrectly....

Matt Kruse