struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul McCulloch <paul.mccull...@axiossystems.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Map based form
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:41:46 GMT
That's strange, I've just implemented a map based form and am taking and
returning String in my setter & getter with no problems. Having said that
I'm accessing my form in my action directly - not via the BeanUtils.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Nadja Senoucci [mailto:senoucci@21st.de]
Sent: 17 June 2003 15:34
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with Map based form

Hello again,

I found out what hindered it from working. I still don't understand why that
would be a problem - or more correctly why it this problem would show the
symptoms I got - but it was the only thing I've changed so it had to be
this.

> public String getValue(String key){
>  String temp;
>  if(values==null){
>    return "";
>  }else if((temp = (String)values.get(key))==null){
>    temp = "";
>  }
>  return temp;
> }

This method had the wrong return value, had to be Object.

Greetings,
Nadja

**************************************
Axios Email Confidentiality Footer
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message,
and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages
of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed
in this message are not given or endorsed by my Company or employer unless otherwise indicated
by an authorised representative independent of this message.
WARNING:
While Axios Systems Ltd takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being transmitted via
electronic mail attachments we cannot guarantee that attachments do not contain computer virus
code.  You are therefore strongly advised to undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing
the attachment to this electronic mail.  Axios Systems Ltd grants no warranties regarding
performance use or quality of any attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage
howsoever caused.