struts-user mailing list archives

From "El Harouchi, Jaafar [IT]" <jaafar.elharou...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Download files over HTTPS
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:30:23 GMT
I had exactly the same problem.
Try first doing : response.reset()
If this doesn't work then you can try:
      Adding  8192 bytes to be sure that IE shows the document:
ostream.write(new byte[8192]);
      Setting contentlength: response.setContentLength(data.length+8192);
      Flushing the buffer:  response.flushBuffer();
-jaafar

-----Original Message-----
From: sangappan@tsys.com [mailto:sangappan@tsys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 2:22 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Download files over HTTPS

Hi,
I have a code segment which generates the file download dialog in the
browser. The file types supported are .qif, .xls

response.setContentType(download.getContextType());
response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" +
download.getFileName() );

BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(response.getOutputStream()));
out.write(download.getReport());
out.flush();
out.close();

This works great over HTTP in both IE 6.0 and Netscape 4.78.

But when I try this over HTTPS, the download dialog shows up with the file
name as the URL (download.do) and nothin in content type. So IE displays an
error message saying that download cannot be completed.  It works great in
Netscape 4.78

Has anybody come across this situations? Any solutions?

I am using Struts RC-1 on weblogic 5.1, JDK 1.3.1

Thanks
Shoba