struts-user mailing list archives

From mike.w...@honeywell.com
Subject Login and security checks
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:51:39 GMT
I'm currently working on a web app which will be available publicly.  In the
past I've secured my webapp using Tomcat's form based security.  This works
fine if you require a user to log in as soon as the webapp is initiated (as
is the case with most internal web apps).  However, with my current webapp
there is definitely a need for browsing before creating a user id. How can I
organize my webapp so that some of the content is available to anybody, but
other parts can only be done when the user logs in?  This may also be tied
into when to use http and when to use https.  Any hints or links are
welcome.

Mike Witt