struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kruse, Matt" <MKr...@aquent.com>
Subject RE: Problems removing (expiring Cookie) in Action
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:12:30 GMT
> Is there anything that I need ot be aware of in terms of
> expiring/removing a Cookie within an Action?  I'm setting the maximum
> age to 0 and then adding the cookie back to the response and somehow
> that cookie shows up after I've forwarded my request to the
> next action.
> I'm I missing a step?

The cookie will continue to exist in your request until the server sends the
response back without the cookie, and the browser makes another request not
including the cookie.

If you are forwarding from one Action to another without redirect, you get
the same request as the first action, and the cookies are still there.

Unless I'mm understanding your situation incorrectly....

Matt Kruse