struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Using Struts-EL
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:52:28 GMT
Zaili wrote:
> Is there any permance overhead if we replace all Struts taglibs with
> their corresponding Struts-EL tablibs ? Where can I find Struts-EL API ?

You don't replace all Struts tags with Struts-EL.  Instead, you replace most
of the Struts tags with JSTL tags, then replace the remaining ones with
Struts-EL tags.

Look in the 'contrib' directory for Struts-EL.  There's a README file that
will tell you what JSTL tag replaces the "old" Struts tag.  If there is no
replacement, then use the corresponding Struts-EL tag.

"How to Convert from Struts to Struts-EL + JSTL" would be a good Wiki page
topic...

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.