struts-user mailing list archives

From isaac <is...@jpmktg.com>
Subject Re: [OT] IDE with easy tomcat upgrade?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:58:50 GMT
On 6/14/03 8:16 AM, "Aaron Longwell" <listservs@newmedialogic.com> wrote:

> Isaac,
>
> I too am in the market for an IDE. Can you give me some details about
> what features you like about NetBeans? Are you using any plugins? Any
> specific features that make J2EE development quicker?
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

I have never used Eclipse's, so, I can't say whether or not it is a better
IDE. What I like about NetBeans, however, is that is has great jsp, servlet,
xml, css, and html support. It features things like auto completion for
taglibs in a jsp page, and auto creation of DTD's from an xml file. The new
3.5 release has address many of the performance issues of previous versions.
I will admit, getting an external installation for Tomcat can be tricky at
times, but, it's not impossible. ;)

Thanks,
Isaac