struts-user mailing list archives

From "Navjot Singh" <navjo...@net4india.net>
Subject RE: [OT] What layer does an XSL transform belong to
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 04:30:03 GMT
The coupling may not be necessary at all. It's the way you look at it.

_First Approach_

Controller -> Model -> View (jsp)
View has the power of do some computation here. So, it create 1 composition
class

class T
{
private String xml;
private String xsl;
}

and pass T to view layer. Where jsp can run some taglib to do the
transofrmation.
** You are NOT coupled at all. **

_Second Approach_

However, the other (and rather complex) way around could be to have
+ MyAction and MyRequestProcessor,
+ override the necessary methods.

In MyAction write some method to handle null ActionForwards and
pass on T's object to some method in MyRequestProcessor that does
the transformation.

** View is definitely coupled to some extent **

I have been using this latter method before i know taglibs
and may still prefer it over JSPs ;-)

HTMS
Navjot Singh