struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marcos Oliva" <MOl...@SeeBeyond.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: Passing information from an Action to a JSP
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:32:51 GMT
Matt,

One way I see it done is to set your DTO object or bean on
request.setAttribute("foodto", foodto);

pass it along within the request and on your jsp page then retrieve it

with a bean definition .

my two cents

Marcos Oliva

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt E [mailto:mgeusenet@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 11:26 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Newbie: Passing information from an Action to a JSP

Hello All,

Here's what I want to do.  I have an action called
LookupRequest.  It has some code that gets data out of
a Database, builds a Data Transfer Objects from it,
and then will forward to another jsp using
ActionMapping.

However, in that JSP I need to access the data
transfer object that I just built in the action.  I'm
unsure how to keep this object around for the rest of
the request, so I can access it in the JSP that is
forwarded to.

I'm sure I'm missing something trivial, but I don't
know how I should do this.

Thanks!