struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nimish Chourey , Tidel Park - Chennai" <Nimi...@msdc.hcltech.com>
Subject RE: Tiles Two JSP's for Displaying One Form .
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:15:03 GMT
And you need to have 40 JSP's  to insert those 40 Definintions ...
Isnt it ??

Fine You have one JSp for the Body content .. Then you extend from the
master page to make a new definition in the XML file .
But then I require another JSP which actually inserts that definition ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Kyser [mailto:ktrails@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 6:24 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Tiles Two JSP's for Displaying One Form .

No, it should be more like 40 + 1 per re-usable tile component

I set up a 'master page' with the basic layout,
and perhaps a 'menu' include containing my menu buttons / links,
and then the tiles definition just inserts the content into a definition
derived from the master page layout. And that is all done in
the tiles-config.xml file

So you might have 40 definitions in your tiles config + 40 body content
JSPs,
but certainly not 80 JSPs.

or at least that's my way of thinking on the matter

-jeff