struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nimish Chourey , Tidel Park - Chennai" <Nimi...@msdc.hcltech.com>
Subject RE: [OT] MVC / Model 2 for Microsoft ???
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:16:31 GMT
The MFC architecture is based on MVC  ..
Implemented using Document and View classes ..
On web Front .. I have no Idea ..

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Hardy [mailto:ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 1:24 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [OT] MVC / Model 2 for Microsoft ???

MVC is never used as a term in the Microsoft world that I know of. When
I was doing Microsoft stuff as well as java, up to the intro of .NET,
the architectural paradigm for building "best practice" apps was based
around the Microsoft Solutions Framework or MSF. You have to know all
about that to get the MSCD in "Analyzing Requirements and Defining
Solution Architectures".

I still have the MSCD training kit book for the exam, while I've sold
all the rest of my VB, MTS, COM & ASP books. It's got alot of useful
principles / patterns in it.

I might have changed since .NET hit the streets though. I dumped
Microsoft rather than learn .NET, in order to concentrate on Java, which
is huge enough without wanting to keep up to date on the MS stuff as well.

Adam