struts-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <p...@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: nested form of bean:write doesn't work but plain does.
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:00:36 GMT
When struts says "no getter method", it always gives you something like
"myClass.myFiled of MyActionForm no getter method". It is because of a bad
reference or wrong hierarchy. You better show us the error message,
hierarchy of your ActionForm and how you reference them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Mann [mailto:rmann@latencyzero.com]
Sent: June 4, 2003 8:31 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: nested form of bean:write doesn't work but plain does.

Hi.

I've got a situation where I'm using <nested:iterate> to iterate over a List
of beans, and then using <nested:write> to render some property (a string).

We do this in multiple places in our app, but every now and again, in some
instance of the code, it doesn't want to work. In these cases, we get a "no
getter method" exception.

However, if the code is switched to use the <bean:write> form, adding the
name attribute, it works fine.

Explicitly setting the type on the iterate tag makes no difference.

Any ideas?

P.S. I would have searched the archives, but they are down for a few days.

TIA,

--
Rick