struts-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <p...@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Why is dbcp / pool removed?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:23:50 GMT
Off topic, but I like oracle implementation's ability to increase number of
connections automatically. I actually have a factory class return different
pooling data source so that I can switch between dbcp and oracle.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Schneider [mailto:kris@dotech.com]
Sent: June 10, 2003 4:19 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Why is dbcp / pool removed?

If you want to keep your data source config within Struts but don't want to
use
DBCP, it looks like you need to find an alternative implementation of
javax.sql.DataSource. If you're using Oracle for your DB, you might want to
take
a look at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionCacheImpl. Other JDBC drivers may
provide something similar.

--