struts-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Abbot" <Peter.Ab...@wcc.govt.nz>
Subject RE: Living in a frame
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:12:10 GMT
There is some javascript security issues when calling javascript in a
frame that is sourced from one server to another frame that is sourced
from a different server even though they might be in the same domain,
i.e. server1.adomain.com will think that server2.adomain.com is in a
different domain and any inter-frame javascript calls wont work.

Putting the following in the html <head/> section is a way to get around
this. It tells the browser that both frames are acutally in the same
domain.

document.domain="adomain.com";

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 9:04 a.m.
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Living in a frame

So far I've resisted, but I have a feeling my next Struts app is going
to get sucked into a frame.  The department that handles "the website"
likes to appropriate content, and of course it looks more unified if
things don't pop out into their own browser window like I'm doing now.
They handle the static HTML with IIS, and there's a separate server
running Apache/Tomcat that serves up the Struts apps.

So... If they insist on stuffing my Struts webapp into a frame instead
of targeting a new window for me, is there anything I should be aware
of?  I'm concerned about the jsessionid, about how the tabbed tiles are
going to work, etc.  I know the real answer is to just try it, but I
wondered if anyone had any advice up front.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.