struts-user mailing list archives

From "Viggio, Alex" <Alex.Vig...@globalcrossing.com>
Subject [OT] FRIDAY: HTML Checkboxes SUCK!!!
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:16:33 GMT
Is it just me?!? ;)

In our last release, I replaced all of the checkboxes with YES/NO dropdowns
(<select> and <options> tags using a Collection for the
"YES"=true/"NO"=false mapping).

The users seem to prefer this user interface (no one's complained at least)
and I can still tie these to a ActionForm boolean property thanks to
aforementioned Collection (via <define> tag)! We have a complex,
multi-part/layer wizard workflow using the nesting tablib extensively so the
code was begging for refactorings. This UI change allowed us to get rid of
all of the kludgy code to support these retarded HTML checkboxes (cya
ActionForm reset()).

What were you thinking W3C spec gurus!

Apologies if you momma worked on the HTML checkbox spec, but it's Friday the
13th and I'm flying to a warm, tropical beach tomorrow!!!

- Alex

p.s. I'm sure that there is a more elegant solution -- feel free to share...