struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Anderson" <nander...@sum-ware.com>
Subject RE: Best Book on Struts
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:47:38 GMT
I also liked Struts in Action.  And I agree that some background knowledge
of JSP/Servlet/Taglibs is helpful.  I'd recommend Core Servlets and
JavaServer Pages by Marty Hall for that background.  It was published in
2000, but it is basically all still relevant.

Nathan Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Sloan Bowman [mailto:smileyq@nashlinux.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 11:02 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Best Book on Struts

I read Struts in Action and found it to be pretty good but didn't go
into as much detail as would like on some subjects but all around its
pretty good. I would recommend having a strong background in
JSP/Servlet/Taglibs before reading this book though. Hope this helps.
Also if you read the Java Blueprints on Web Teir patterns you will
learn a lot. Link: java.sun.com/j2ee/blueprints/

Hope this helps,
Sloan