struts-user mailing list archives

From "Joel Hainley" <jhain...@myndkryme.com>
Subject DispatchAction and input
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:22:23 GMT
I'm confused, and i'm hoping someone can help me?

I am trying to use the validate method to validate my input however when I
do this i start getting an error "No Input Attribute For mapping path
/category".  I understand that an input parameter is required for the
action, however using an input parameter with a dispatch action in the way
that seems to be required makes no sense to me. In fact, I'm not sure I
really understand the necessity for an input parameter at all, but if there
should be an input path required for a dynaaction shouldn't it be specified
within the individual forwards?

Is dynaaction really usable when doing validation?

I'm stuck.

I have the following in my struts-config.xml file :

        <action
            path="/Category"

type="com.flightlogger.logbook.v1.struts.actions.CategoryActions"
            parameter="method"
            name="categoryForm"
		validate="true"

            <forward name="add"
                     path="/pages/categoryAdd.jsp"/>

            <forward name="addSuccess"
                     path="/Category.do?method=viewList"/>

            <forward name="delete"
                     path="/pages/categoryDelete.jsp"/>

			<forward name="deleteSuccess"
					 path="/pages/categoryDeleteSuccess.jsp"/>

            <forward name="displayAdd"
                     path="/pages/categoryAdd.jsp"/>

			<forward name="displayDelete"
					 path="/pages/categoryConfirmDelete.jsp"/>

			<forward name="displayEdit"
					 path="/pages/categoryEdit.jsp"/>

            <forward name="displaySearch"
                     path="/pages/categorySearch.jsp"/>