struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Struts redirection problem
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:43:17 GMT
Make the input attribute in the mapping point at the action (the one it goes
through before forwarding to that view if its different).

-----Original Message-----
From: J, Sadhasivam (Cognizant) [mailto:JSadhasi@blr.cognizant.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 June 2003 23:38
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: husted@apache.org
Subject: Struts redirection problem

Hi,
	We are doing a portal in which we have a News Channel in the pages across
the site.
assume its just a corner html display area in the Site which frameless site.
with respect to site updation and new arrivals this content should be picked
and display the top 10 records.

	For better control i have wrote a wrapper to the struts action in which
perform method is implemented by having my own abstract method. for more
control i have created postPerform and prePerform event methods which gets
executed before perform.

  Problem statement:
	Since news item should be executed each and every page.
      i have hooked the News Action to postPerform or prePerform and set the
form data in request scope. The problem is
when there is form validation and input attribute is jsp the control won;t
go to the action level and bombs. right now we did most of our validation
are done in form with input attirbute point to action element which is wrong

Is there any way to implement a channel kind of portal behivour in struts ??

	Thx in advance
	sadhasivam.j