struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: few questions from new struts user
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:34:15 GMT
1.) I vaguely recall seeing somewhere that Camino does this?

-----Original Message-----
From: salgado.pc@pg.com [mailto:salgado.pc@pg.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 17 June 2003 21:31
To: Struts Users Mailing List; Adwait B
Subject: Re: few questions from new struts user

About... 1. Replacing html tags...
I dont know any tool that does this... you could use a unix command (dont
remember the name but i can check it out) to change
your files automatically but you got to specify the rules to be matched (i
think
this would be the best one because
you would only need to specify the rules only once).
If you use templates, your search/replace could be reduced (less html code
change)...
There is also the possiblity of a search/replace on all of your project (not
so
good...  ) with Edit+ or Dreamweaver.

About... 2. I dont use any so...

About this 3.Check Tiles taglib. Maybe it is what you are looking for.
Just need to have a little discipline to close all open tags within the html
template
so that you dont have any surprises later and time spent looking for a
missing

Hope that helps,

Pedro Salgado

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      daedalus.apache.org
 [208.185.179.12]

From: "Adwait  B" <adwait111@rediffmail.com> on 17-06-2003 13:05

                      "Adwait  B"           To:   "Struts Users Mailing
List"
       <adwait111@rediffmail.com>        <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                            Cc:    (bcc: Pedroemanuel
Salgado-PC/PGI)
                                    Subject:      few questions from new
struts user
                 17-06-2003 14:05
  Please respond to "Struts Users
                    Mailing List"
 <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>
    Please respond to "Adwait  B"
       <adwait111@rediffmail.com>

Hi All,

I've few things to ask that i couldnt find in archive..

1.I'm in
design phase of a project that is supposed to use struts.We will be
recieving
plain HTML forms(GUI) from our frontend designer and then we'll be
converting
that in struts jsp(jsp with struts tags)
During demo we found this process of
conversion to be painful.
Is ther any tool/script availbale for converting plain
pure html into struts jsp?

2.What are the struts development tools?Can anybody
recommend me some tool?(like camino,exadel struts studio,metanology.com
MDE)has
anybody done development using these tools..

3.Now during development
html(screen design) changes..waht are the ways we can make sure that jsp
changes
accordingly..

Thanks.
Adwait