struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject RE: Varying number of field
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:12:05 GMT
Check out the nested form stuff.
See: http://www.keyboardmonkey.com/pilotlight/index.jsp

-----Original Message-----
From: Nadja Senoucci [mailto:senoucci@21st.de]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 June 2003 15:06
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Varying number of field

Hello everyone,

and again I have a question. ;) I want to create a highly flexible search
form. To achieve this I want to include a button that will reload the form
with more fields. Now creating this form as such won't be too difficult.

However, since I haven't yet found a way to create a ActionForm class (be it
ActionForm or DynaForm) without naming the variables/parameters, I wouldn't
know how to go about it. The problem is that I don't know what fields I will
have in that field and therefore cannot write them down as a definition
before hand. The fields will probably be named searchparam# (# = number).

Do you have any idea of how to accomplish this? I guess, people have wanted
to do something like this before, so there should be a way - I just don't
see it...

As always, I'd be very grateful for any kind of help!

Greetings,
Nadja