struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [OT] MVC / Model 2 for Microsoft ???
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:39:34 GMT
> > I don't think that the current ASP .NET model is too far off of the MVC
> > path. Mostly I think that MVC isn't enforced, but the foundation is
> > inherently there.
> >
> > If I had to do a mapping from struts to ASP .NET I would put things like
> > this:
> >
> > .jsp --> .aspx
> > ActionForm --> Code behind page of .aspx
> > Action --> Code behind page of .aspx
> > Model --> any .NET classes or Com objects that your Code behind page
>calls.
> >

>If you peruse some of the Microsoft-related public mailing lists, you'll
>note that code-behind pages are not universally popular among Microsoft
>based developers -- it seems that more than a few people like to code
>things directly in their ASP pages, instead of having any separation.
>
>In other words, it's the old "Model 1 or Model 2" debate again :-)

I'd like to say that Java developers have advanced passed that point but
that debate seems to reoccur too often.  The last time I debated it, it
became clear that developers who have felt the pain of inheriting Model 1 or
scripted projects agree with MVC principals; those who have worked on small,
one person projects don't see anything wrong with Model 1.

David