struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Anderson" <stuts_anderson...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: javascript validation
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:27:38 GMT
Hi,
Can someone expalin the <html:javascript> tag a little bit or point me
somewhere.  I'm trying to understand what the dynamic and static attributes
do.  I've read over the html tags page at the struts home page, but it
doesn't explain much.

I've tried with every combination of static and dynamic = true or false.

There is javascript being generated (like validateInteger), but not a
validateXXXForm function.

I've noticed in my app's logger that the static is generated, but after the
page has already decided it can't find it.  Also, is it possible that I'm
going to run into problems writing the .js and then finding it because our
actions are mapped /do/xxx/yyy/zzz?  It doesn't seem to be looking in the
right place.

I've been searching all over the web and through the mail-archive for
answers, but haven't found anything definitive.

Thanks in advance,
Ben Anderson

/************************************************************************
Hi,

I have the following in my struts-config.xml

    <action path="/admin/createContentType"
            type="com.xdeep.pacific.servlet.admin.forms.ContentTypesAction"
            name="BillingParametersForm" scope="request"
            input="contentTypes.jsp">
      <forward name="failure" path="/admin/contentTypes.jsp?action=create"/>
      <forward name="success" path="/admin/updateBillingParameters.jsp"/>
    </action>

and in my validation.xml

<form-validation>
  <formset>
    <form name="BillingParametersForm">
      <field property="contentType" depends="required">
        <arg0 key="admin.prompt.contentType"/>
      </field>
    </form>
  </formset>
</form-validation>

and my jsp has the following form

   onsubmit="validateBillingParametersForm(this);">

   dynamicJavascript="true" staticJavascript="false"/>
<script language="Javascript1.1" src="staticJavascript.jsp"></script>

My BillingParametersForm extends org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorForm
When the field is left blank an alert window does pop up as it should, but
after I dismiss it I get forwarded onto the success page.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks,
Paul

I'm using Vodafone Mail - to get your free mobile email account go to
http://www.vodafone.ie
Use of Vodafone Mail is subject to Terms and Conditions
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/