struts-user mailing list archives

From "Manuel Lenz" <...@viessmann.com>
Subject Antwort: Checkbox problem?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:06:29 GMT

The reset-method is called if you are submitting from a jsp-page.
You must check the browser request, if a value exists.
If a value is missing, the user has unchecked the box, so you can set the
record to false.

Cheers,
Manuel

|         |"Bjorn T Johansen"          |
|         |<btj@havleik.no>            |
|         |10.06.2003 10:26            |
|         |Bitte antworten an "Struts  |
|         |Users Mailing List"         |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |     An:      struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
                                     |
  |     Kopie:
                                     |
  |     Thema:   Checkbox problem?
                                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I use checkboxes to input some variables in a form and as long as I
insert new records, i.e. the checkbox variable gets set to false in the
form's reset method, it works fine.
But when I, say, edit the same record (and propagate the values of the
form in the reset method), I never can uncheck the checkbox if it was
set to true in the reset method.

Are there any solutions/work around for this?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen (BSc,MNIF)
Executive Manager
btj@havleik.no                  Havleik Consulting
Phone : +47 67 54 15 17         Conradisvei 4
Fax : +47 67 54 13 91           N-1338 Sandvika
Cellular : +47 926 93 298       http://www.havleik.no

"The stickers on the side of the box said "Supported Platforms: Windows
98, Windows NT 4.0,
Windows 2000 or better", so clearly Linux was a supported platform."