struts-user mailing list archives

From ian_d_stew...@bankone.com
Subject Re: [OT] EJB LIKE A TRIGGER
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:05:54 GMT

Seems to me it would make more sense to move your business logic to Struts
(e.g., ActionForm.validate() and/or Action.permform()/execute()) before
writing to the database then to hit your database every few seconds looking
for changes

Ian D. Stewart
Open Systems Engineer II
Enterprise Midrange - Bank One Infrastructure & Operations
ian_d_stewart@bankone.com
(614) 213-6100

"NYIMI Jose (BMB)" <Jose.NYIMI@proximus.net> on 06/16/2003 09:59:22 AM

      <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:

Subject:  [OT] EJB LIKE A TRIGGER

Hello,
I' moving my code from Perl to Java/J2EE.
The goal is to integrate 2 systems, to be short
the business is mainly to transfert any
update, insert, delete from sytemA to systemB.
Those 2 sytems use Oracle database.
The requirement doesn't allow me to create any trigger on Oracle databases.

I there a way to go for an EJB solution that will act like a trigger ?
The business of this EJB will be :
"every x seconds (configurable) check changes
from a given table (or view) et return the list
of rows that have been updated, inserted or deleted."

Do i need to re-invite the wheel or is this something that the container
can handle itself ?
(i'm thinking about ejbload() method of an entity bean)

=======================
José Nyimi Mbambi
IT Analyst
http://www.proximus.be

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is
confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are
intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form)
by other persons than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our
website at http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.