struts-user mailing list archives

From "Eirik Kj°lsrud" <wayb...@frisurf.no>
Subject Handling ServletException
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:10:09 GMT
Hi.

I've followed "everyone"s advice and written a custom Exception handler. The
exceptionhandler is set up in struts-config to catch all exceptions :

<!-- Global Exceptions -->

<global-exceptions>

<exception

handler="mypackage.strutsextensions.CustomizedExceptionHandler"

key="global.error.message"

scope="request"

type="java.lang.Exception"/>

</global-exceptions>

This works great, but my problem is that sometimes there occures a
SerlvetException which is just presented on screen and is not caught by my
CustomizedExceptionHandler. I believe that this is because the
ServletException is thrown by the container ?? Anyhow, I would like to catch
these exceptions as well, and preferably route them to my custom Error
handler.

Does anyone have some advice on how to handle ServletExceptions to give the
user better information ?

Best Regards

Eirik Kj°lsrud, Norway