struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lukas Bradley" <lu...@somnia.com>
Subject Action attribute 'input'-- why required?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:05:50 GMT
Error message:

"No input attribute for mapping path /user/BankAccount"

My action:

  <action path="/user/BankAccount" type="mypackage.ui.actions.BankAccountAction"
   name="form.user.bankaccount" scope="request">
   <forward name="success" path="tile.user.bankaccountform" />
   <forward name="failure" path="/user/AccountMgt.do" />
  </action>

My question:

In short, who gives a damn?  Why do I need an input attribute on an action?  Why can't I post
to a url, and the action be smart enough to parse the necessary data?  The action knows it
is request data.  The action knows the name of the form, and it is correctly defined.  The
action knows where to go upon a failure, and upon success.

The input attribute does not seem to need to be required.

Lukas