struts-user mailing list archives

From "rablists" <rabli...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject How can I subclass ActionServlet to work? (null getservlet in the ActionForm)
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:31:27 GMT
I actually found  similar questions on the list but none were
answered. I am now confident that the ActionForm does not set the
servlet. So how can I subclass the ActionServlet to make it to work,
so the ActionForm's servlet will be set everytime we initialize it.
Any ideas? thanks a lot..

--- In struts@yahoogroups.com, "rablists" <rablists@y...> wrote:

ActionServlet as = this.getServlet(); return null from ActionForm
constructor.

I am having problem getting hold on the ActionServlet from an
ActionForm constructor. It returns null. I dont want to populate the
form by an Action, I want to do it through the form's constructor. I
want to get the servlet in the form's constructor because I want to
acess the MessageResources from the ActionForm. Any idea? Thanks