struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Shneyderman" <a...@law.columbia.edu>
Subject RE: Tag to remove jsp from cache???
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:35:47 GMT
Before you send any data in the response you can
Send the following thru your response object:

<%
   response.setDateHeader ("Expires", 0);
   response.setHeader ("Pragma", "no-cache");
   if (request.getProtocol().equals ("HTTP/1.1")) {
      response.setHeader ("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
   }
%>

Note, however that users can still go back in history
And resubmit their data. Browsers maintain history list
And unfortunately they do remember form data too. So if
Your user submitted a request and then clicks back button,
The browser will ask him/her if he/she wants to resubmit
the data? I saw a note somewhere in Ted's (I think) book
about how you can prevent this kind of submission on the
server side but have not explored that further. Now I
can't even remember where I saw it.

The gist of it is that before you send the form to be
submitted by the user you stamp it, and remember what is
it you still expecting from the user inside the Session
context. If user submits the form with the right stamp
the request is processed, otherwise you can tell the user
to stop resubmitting the same request.

Alex.