struts-user mailing list archives

From "Julio Cesar C Neto" <ju...@softsite.com.br>
Subject RES: [FRIDAY] YA Ted's Trivia Contest
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:58:27 GMT
Come on Ted!!! (I Almost throw away my own copy, thinking that I would
be the lucky one...) :))

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Ted Husted [mailto:husted@apache.org]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 4 de julho de 2003 14:33
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [FRIDAY] YA Ted's Trivia Contest

Well, I'm back from the statutory independence day parade and found
several likely answers waiting for me, including the likes of Cobb,
Fowler, and Gosling.

But the answer I was looking for was Beck (as in Kent Beck), as a
paraphrase from his recent book, Test Driven Development by Example:

"Dependency is the key problem in software development at all scales ...

eliminating duplication in programs eliminates dependency."

Since he describes this a key step in the refactoring process that is
essential to Test Driven Development, I like to call it "Beck's Golden
Rule".

Although there were others, the first lucky emailer was Maciej
Czajkowski. (So Marciej, please send me your mailing address.)

Thanks for playing everyone!

Meanwhile, if anyone has some likely quotes that they think would make
for a good contest, please send them to me at your leisure
<husted@apache.org>. If I use your quote, I'll send you a signed copy
too. (The tough part is coming up with something that's not too easy to
google.)

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,