struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@isogis.com>
Subject RE: Ugly struts tag to JSTL transformation?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:02:18 GMT
Yeah, I want to get rid of <bean:define>,  it's really hard to maintain in a
html page.
Also I was convinced that JSTL is better than struts specific tag in the long
run.  So I want to experiment with it.  I am learning Jetspeed btw.  I don't
think struts tags work well with Jetspeed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: July 17, 2003 11:00 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Ugly struts tag to JSTL transformation?

Why do you want to convert <html:select> to JSTL in a Struts webapp?
Is it possible that the Struts-EL tags would help?  You can get rid of the
bean:define:

                   property="code"
                   labelProperty="codeAndDescription"/>

The EL tags are in the 'contrib' directory, look at the README file to
determine what Struts tags are replaced by JSTL.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.