struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Shneyderman" <a...@law.columbia.edu>
Subject RE: Pre-Setting DynaValidatorForm attributes
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:24:10 GMT
I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but I will try.

What you basically need is to create a form bean without actually
invoking the action that claims that it uses it. Did I understand you
correctly?

Anway to create your form bean manually you would do something like
this:

ModuleConfig mc = RequestUtils.getRequestModuleConfig (request);
ActionMapping am = (ActionMapping) mc.findActionConfig (actionName);
return RequestUtils.createActionForm (request, am, mc, getServlet ());

where action name is the action name that uses the form you create, in
your case /planning/circuit/edit

HTH,
Alex.

path="site.planning.circuit.edit.result"/>
>              <forward name="ko"
path="site.planning.circuit.edit.form"/>
>          </action>
>

> The action where I want to set some properties:
>          <action
>              path="/planning/circuitEditForm"

type="com.bla.bla.web.formaction.CircuitEditFormJSPAction"
>              parameter="/planning/circuitEditForm.jsp"/>
>

> José Fortunato H. Tomás wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have the follow situation:
> >  - I get an Circuit Data Object from a manager
> >    Then I want to edit the Circuit in HTML form, using an
> > DynaValidatorForm I don't know to how to do correct set for the
> > propertyes priorly!
> >
> > How should I set the properties priorly?
> >
> > I'm tring to do the usual set(key, object), but I get an
> > NullPointerException on getter:
> > ----
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at

org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm.getDynaProperty(DynaActionForm.j
av
> a:596)
> >
> >         at
> > org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm.get(DynaActionForm.java:241)
> >         at

com.esegur.sims.util.struts.form.BasicDynaValidatorForm.getInteger(Basic
Dy
> naValidatorForm.java:32)
> >
> >         at

org.apache.jsp.circuitEditForm_jsp._jspService(circuitEditForm_jsp.java:
14
> 5)
> >
> >         at
> > org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
> >         at
> >         at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va
> :210)

> > ----
> > BasicDynaValidatorForm is just an helper for getString, getInteger
and
> > so on.
> >
> > The code I'm using for setting is:
> > ---
> >         if (actionForm instanceof BasicDynaValidatorForm ) {
> >             BasicDynaValidatorForm circuitEditForm =
> > (BasicDynaValidatorForm)actionForm;
> >
> >             circuitEditForm.initialize(actionMapping);
> >
> >             CircuitDO cDO =
> > Planning.getCircuitSessionAttr(httpServletRequest);
> >             circuitEditForm.set( "circuitId", cDO.getCircuitId() );
> > /*...*/
> >             circuitEditForm.set( "designation", cDO.getDesignation()
);