struts-user mailing list archives

From Erez Efrati <er...@netmedia.net.il>
Subject JAAS Struts & JBoss + Tomcat
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:16:51 GMT
Hi, I am trying to integrate the JAAS into my Struts application running
on JBoss 3.0.7 + Tomcat. I am a newbie here, and I would appreciate your
help on several questions:

1. From what I read here, I saw that I should probably use the FORM auth
method, and that this page should not use any of the Struts tags. Is
that right?

2. In my application, the first thing a user does is passing a
registration wizard. How can I set different set of permissions using
the web.xml to the registration wizard pages and to the rest of the
application, where both are handled by the struts ActionServlet servlet?

3. Regarding more to JBoss + Tomcat, I don't understand what happens
when a web client accesses a protected page. Does JBossSX which
implements the authentication takes over and perform the authentication?
After the authentication is done, does my Struts action can invoke EJB
methods freely or should they authenticate as well?

Thanks in advance,

-- Erez