struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Erickson" <derick...@cmcflex.com>
Subject Offtopic: Dynamic Menus and struts?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:08:26 GMT
Hi we are developing an application with struts and tiles, and we'd like one
of our tiles to contain a menu that is rendered everytime the page is
loaded.  And the menus that the user can see are based on what permissions
he has access to.  So we were thinking of using Javascript to do the menu
(only other way I know of is an applet).  But we have a couple fundamental
problems, #1 how to get the permissions from the session object into a
javascript function, and how to get the menu data to the javascript
functions, in the form of an xml file or otherwise.  Has anyone else tackled
something of the sort?  Any help/expertise extremely appreciated.
-David