struts-user mailing list archives

From Saman Ghodsian <gsa...@shaw.ca>
Subject Suggestions
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:59:58 GMT
 -----Original Message-----
 From: Saman Ghodsian [mailto:gsaman@shaw.ca]
 Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 10:43 AM
 To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
 Subject: Suggestions

 Hi everyone,
 I just completed phase one of my project which is the
 development and testing of my business model. some 120
 classes, now I'm evaluating options to implement my front
 end. I've been looking at struts as an option, but I still
 have some concerns about how to go about it.....

 I'm looking for tools that can help me bypass the hassle of
 writing all the action, forms, xml, etc ... Instead I would
 like to use the same kind of tool I used with my model....
 UML ---> xdoclet ---> OJB ----> torque -----> DB It works
wonders and I'm very satisfied with the results.... I would
 like to do the same thing with my front end.... UML ---->
 struts [ Action, Form, XML, JSP ] Then I can use something
 like a GUI to go to each screen and adjust it manually.....
 I'm thinking on implementing these kind of aproach

 Each class in my model would have:
 	List (With add, edit, delete, search capabilites)
 	detail ( that comes from the list)

 Input very much appreciated....