struts-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Mixon" <rnmi...@custco.biz>
Subject Help on installing struts-el
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 06:08:16 GMT
Where can I find instructions on how to use the struts-el version of struts
instead of the standard struts "lib" files? The README does not cover this
and that seems to be all there is in the way of doc.

I'm laboring under the assumption that struts-el is a super-set of struts. I
should be able to move my existing application over and have it use the
"struts-el" jar files. I can then selectively change from, for example an
"<html:text" tag to an "<html-el:text" tag assuming I've setup the TLD's
correctly for my taglibs.

I had a document that explained it well - but tossed it the other day,
thinking I was not going to need it for a while. Guess what, I need it now
<:-). I remember that it said you needed to first use the standard struts
"lib" files and then selectively replace them with the files in the
"contrib" lib directory. I've been Googling for hours and searching the
archive - cannot find anything substantiative.

I tried just using the contrib/struts-el/lib directory files, but end up
getting errors from the validation javascripts issued by my
"<html:javascript" tags (cannot find the "required" validation).

Any pointers or advice are appreciated.

Thanks - Richard