struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jing Zhou" <j...@netspread.com>
Subject Re: Why not to use Action chaining ?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:11:20 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sloan Seaman" <sloan@sgi.net>
<sivakumarv@india.adventnet.com>; "Jing Zhou" <jing@netspread.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: Why not to use Action chaining ?

> Though that is true, it can be avoid if you write your chainer properly.
>
> You can have it "Dechain" and actually invoke a forward to the new action.
>
> Also, you can write an Action that just invokes objects in a linked list
> mannor and have each action called that way.
>
> There are really lots of options for chaining....
>
> As stated in an email a week or so ago, I have a system that does all of
the
> above and more but I'm still trying to get permission from my company to
> release it :(

It is a known issue that many high quality codes can not be released
due to company's policies :-(

As an algorithm engineer and researcher, I have published algorithms
in IEEE transactions and received one U.S patent some years ago (not
related to web) Now I regard the web development process
as a big *algorithm*, so Carrier is created with open source codes for
mission critical components. You could find the Controller Delegation
Model in its source codes now :-) at http://www.netspread.com

The way Craig interprets the MVC pattern is actually a big algorithm
in my opinion. It inspires me to further simplify the whole algorithm. You
could find many other small algorithms I wrote. For example, the
concept of runtime property names for form bean models. The path to
the property of a nested form bean could be adapted if its containing form
bean is changed. It is this enabling technique that I use to create the
general purpose CRUD algorithm.

You are going to find a lot of new ideas in its source codes. What
you couldn't find is the dead-dear-without-eyes :-)

> --
> Sloan

Jing
Netspread Carrier