struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vinay" <vi...@mdp.net>
Subject generic SQL implementation
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:08:52 GMT

Has anybody implemented a generic implementation for querying databases during runtime. I
am  using  DAO's for data access layer. But I want to furthur move the database logic to down
one more layer of abstraction.I am dealing with different kinds of database (eg. let's say
a MySQL, MS Access and another not SQL at all ,index sequential files). I want the DAO to
access the database during runtime. So I want my DAO to be independent of the SQL statements.The
Database Interfrace would talk to either MySQL,or Oracle or any other database.So that  there
is no  need to have  DAO for each database syntax, rather , this should be handled by a API
thru an interface.

Here's and examples

Let's say for select statement , we supply table name, column names, where cluase , and's
etc

The following method should handle the query

List getSelect(String tablename, List columnnames, List Orderby,.....) etc {

return queryresult
}

Any ideas appreciated