struts-user mailing list archives

From Jens v.P. <develo...@jevopi.de>
Subject Validator Framework and Business Objects
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:28:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently working on a framework for a special kind of
web-applications. These applications all require some questionnaires.
These questionnaires are defined using a bundle of business objects.
These business classes include logic for validating user input values.
The validator framework is providing the same mechanism.

Now I've run into a "design  problem": I don't want to duplicate the
validation rules and I do want to use the validator framework (it's
simply too nice to ignore it:) ).

Is it possible to use the BOs for configuring the validator framework?
Since this is a generic design problem, maybe a solution already
exists. I'm new to Struts and maybe I missed the documentation on that.
Is there an "API" for the validation framework helping me in this case,
or do I have to "hack" the validator framework?

Regards,

Jens