struts-user mailing list archives

From Samuel.Opoku-Bo...@t-systems.com
Subject AW: AW: Can I have a   _not_ URL encoded?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:01:09 GMT
Thanks Martin. I had particular problems for example with displaying
a link, for example <a href="blablabla"></a> that had been saved as a string in
a bean.
using the <bean:write> tag to write the String out in the jsp displayed the actual syntax
instead of the link
ie. <a href="blablabla"></a> maybe someone on the forum could help us out

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Martin Naskovski [mailto:mnaskovs@san.rr.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. Juli 2003 09:43
An: Opoku-Boadu, Samuel
Cc: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Can I have a &nbsp; _not_ URL encoded?

Hi Samuel - unfortunately no. I looked through the source code, I do
not see how one could turn off (by a switch of some sort) url
encoding. As a matter of fact, there is an unanswered FAQ questions
that asks "Why is it not possible to disable URL encoding in Struts?"
- so it isn't even asking HOW, but WHY - which means, it is _not_
possible (more than likely).

Then again, I don't profess to know all of struts intricately, so
there _may_ be a way, I just wish someone who knows more about this
issue would chime in.

Searching the archives on URL encoding does not yield anything worthy
of consideration (or at least you couldn't get through the results in
1 week of 24/7 reading, as those two words appear too frequently).

Martin