struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Gin" <Gin.C...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: WARNING: invalid welcome file
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:03:07 GMT
Try without leading /

-----Original Message-----
From: sriram [mailto:sriram@nunet-tech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 9:42 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: WARNING: invalid welcome file

Hi,

This may be slightly out of topic..but I need some suggestions in this
regard. Probably someone has encountered this problem before.

In my struts application's web.xml, I've defined welcome page as follows:

<welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>/jsp/Login.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

When I deploy it on JBoss Windows environment, it's working fine.

When I deploy it on JBoss Linux environment, it's showing a msg:
WARNING: invalid welcome file: /jsp/Login.jsp

And in the browser, when I try to view
http://<servername>:8080/appName
(where appName is the name of .ear file I've deployed),
It's displaying /jsp/Login.jsp, but none of the style sheets and images are
obtained.

When I type the entire path in the browser (as below)
http://<servername>:8080/appName/jsp/Login.jsp, then everything is perfect.

Any clue why this is happening?

Sriram