struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Naskovski <mnask...@san.rr.com>
Subject Re[2]: Can a form bean be repopulated w/same data if 'validate()' fa ils?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:21:25 GMT

WS> Martin wrote:
>> I am curious, I cannot get the form to reappear with the data that I am
>> validating.

WS> I have my forms in session scope and don't have this problem.  What scope
WS> are your forms in?

Hi Wendy - I was initially placing them in the request scope. Then I
realized they had to be in the session if the contents are going to be
preserved between subsequent requests. Then after that ,I realized
that I was overwriting the session form bean each time I call
Load*Action....  Then I stopped doing that, and everything started
working like a charm.  Between before and after, maybe like 10 minutes
expired - thus my feeling like a dimwit - I just wasnt paying any
attention to what I was doing :).

Tnx.  You seem to read this list a lot :).

Martin