struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Naskovski <mnask...@san.rr.com>
Subject Can a form bean be repopulated w/same data if 'validate()' fails?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:42:18 GMT
I am curious, I cannot get the form to reappear with the data that I am
validating. I've implemented the validate() method on my ActionForm, it
validates ok, but I would like to have the data that was on the form
(regardless of whether the data was correct or not) repopulated.

I tried something like:

request.setAttribute("userSignupForm", this);

in the validate(), in my ActionForm, but it doesn't seem to phase it. I
also tried in both, the session and the request scopes.

I couldn't really dig out any information on how to change this behavior,
or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Does someone know how to do this?

Thank you.

Martin