struts-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Markert <dirk.mark...@dr-markert.de>
Subject Re: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:39:50 GMT
Hello Augusto,

do you have

        <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources"/>

in your struts-config.xml?

AGicb> Hi everyone

AGicb> I have an application that was working fine 'til yesterday.
AGicb> As you probably figured out, yes, I am new with Struts :-)

AGicb> After some modifications (mess?), I started getting:
AGicb> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under key
AGicb> org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

AGicb> My ApplicationResources.properties is inside /WEB-INF/classes
AGicb> In my web.xml, I have:

AGicb>   <servlet>
AGicb>     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
AGicb>     <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet</servlet-class>
AGicb>     <init-param>
AGicb>       <param-name>application</param-name>
AGicb>       <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
AGicb>     </init-param>
AGicb> (... etc...)

AGicb> I tried googling (and searching list archive, which is down), but all the
AGicb> solutions point to misplacement of the properties file, and that is not my
AGicb> case.

AGicb> What am I doing wrong?

AGicb> I am using Struts 1.1 and Tomcat 4.1.24.

AGicb> ===================================
AGicb>  Augusto Cesar Guagliano
AGicb>  augusto@infosoftware.com.br
AGicb>  Project Manager
AGicb>  +55 19 3253.3440
AGicb>  Infosoftware Consulting
AGicb>  http://www.infosoftware.com.br
AGicb> ===================================

AGicb> Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se
AGicb> você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta
AGicb> mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas
AGicb> ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta
AGicb> mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente,
AGicb> respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Agradecemos sua cooperação.

AGicb> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
AGicb> you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
AGicb> you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message
AGicb> or any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
AGicb> please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
AGicb> message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Dirk

| Dirk Markert                     dirk.markert@dr-markert.de |
| Dr. Markert Softwaretechnik AG                              |
| Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20                               |
| 44227 Dortmund                                              |