struts-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Markert <dirk.mark...@dr-markert.de>
Subject Re: AW: logic:iterate length question
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:38:46 GMT
Hello Nadja,

WN> Thanks for the reply. Where did you find that sentence?
IterateTag.java line 187.

WN> I looked into the Taglib API reference but it doesn't state that information.

WN> Anyway, does anybody have any idea how I could make struts *not* iterating?
Can you use another logic tag?

WN> I just realize that this sounds stupid so maybe explaining what i need will clear things
up :)
WN> I'm working on a breadcrumb navigation. So i have this collection of crumbs, which
are to displayed as links, which is no problem, but now the customer wants the last crumb
(which is the current

Have you looked at struts-layout. It contains breadcrumb navigation.

WN> page or whatever) to be displayed as plain text. So what I wanted to  was iterating
through my crumbs with length set to collection length-1, and then iterate through the collection
again with
WN> offset set to collection length-1. This works fine unless there is only one crumb in
the collection, which makes the "length-1" equal 0.
WN> I hope I could make myself understood.

WN> Any ideas on how to make things work?

WN> Kind regards

WN> Nadja Weber

set it to "0" it seems to ignore the length attribute and iterate through the whole collection.
Is that a bug or a