struts-user mailing list archives

From Fedor Smirnoff <fedorsmirn...@yahoo.com>
Subject findForward question
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:57:21 GMT
Hey guys I am abit confused about using findForward. I
have tried several different apporaches and for some
reason one of them doesnt work and the other two do
work. However, I think its the best to use the first
one since it doesnt not create a new ActionForward:

return actionMapping.findForward
actionMapping.getInput()); - this one doesnt work

return (new ActionForward(actionMapping.getInput()));
this one works fine

return actionMapping.findForward("Success"); - this
one works fine with struts cofing:

<forward name="Success" path="/admin/newTemplate.jsp"
redirect="true"/>

Is the difference between those methods in redirect or
forward, please explain I am confused in that case why
forward wouldnt work.

=====
Sincerely,
Fedor Smirnoff